The Official Six Thinking Hats training course
Six Thinking Hats is a simple yet powerful thinking tool that can be used to stimulate creativity and creative problem solving. Designed and developed by Dr Edward de Bono, the Six Thinking Hats is one of the world’s best thinking tools.
The underlying principle behind The Six Thinking Hats is that parallel thinking is hugely more productive than adversarial thinking, argument or debate. There are six different coloured, metaphorical hats (actual hats are not used!) Each hat represents a different type or mode of thinking and can be used to methodically think through an issue or problem in order to develop effective new ideas and solutions.
Six Thinking Hats is a practical and effective management tool that can significantly improve the productivity and effectiveness of your organisation. This has been proven over the years by many leading edge companies.
This course is a highly practical day and incorporates individual and group Six Thinking Hats exercises. This is the official de Bono Six Thinking Hats course and is facilitated by one of Dr de Bono’s Master Trainers. There are only 15 Master Trainers accredited by Dr de Bono around the world!
[Six Thinking Hats is a registered trademark of the McQuaig Group Inc.]
- Key Outcomes
- What You Will Learn
- Course Outline
- Who Should Attend?
- Learn how to think differently about business issues and challenges and transform them into practical opportunities
- Learn a structured process for developing, analysing and implementing new ideas
- The principles and practices of the Six Thinking Hats including how to use each hat on its own and in sequence with the other hats
- How to use the Six Thinking Hats to facilitate effective and productive meeting
- How to use the Six Thinking Hats to generate, evaluate and select new ideas and solutions
- What are the Six Thinking Hats?
- The Six Hats Process
- Six Hats in Meetings
- Six Hats in Creativity
What are the Six Thinking Hats?
This is a short introductory session about Edward de Bono and the Six Thinking Hats tool.
The Six Hats Process
During this session, delegates are introduced to each of the Six Thinking Hats as they learn how to use them on their own and in sequence as a collective tool.
Six Hats in Meetings
Delegates learn how to use the Six Thinking Hats in small and large meetings. They simulate a meeting scenarion and apply the hats to organise and facilitate the process.
Six Hats in Creativity
This session focuses on the application of the Six Thinking Hats in the context of creative thinking. Delegates learn how to generate, evaluate and select new ideas and solutions using the hats to stimulate and challenge their thinking.
- Individual thinking tasks
- Group brainstorming
- Simulations and role play
- Public Training Course
We can deliver this course in the UK and internationally
March/April 2013 date to be confirmed – watch this space!
- Individuals and teams who want to improve their ways-of-working, be more productive in meetings and be able to generate new ideas and solve problems quickly and easily.
“De Bono’s courses are always top quality and we all really enjoyed the day. Thank you!”
“Using the Six Thinking Hats has really helped us to improve productivity and reduce the length of our meetings!! Superb day and time very well spent!”
“It made me realise that I really AM creative and look forward to applying the hats at work.”