Learn the art of creative problem solving
“Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution.” (Norman Vincent Peale)
This one-day Creative Problem Solving training course is designed to challenge you to think through common and less common problems using a structured problem-solving process in order to generate new and original solutions. The course will provide you with the knowledge, tools and techniques to be better at solving problems effectively and efficiently.
This is a highly practical course which is designed to give you all the tools and techniques you need to be able to solve simple and complex problems quickly and easily.
* Please note: this course teaches tools and techniques to be able to solve everyday business problems. It does not teach technical problem solving tools required to solve more complex problems e.g., engineering and technical problems.
- Key Outcomes
- What You Will Learn
- Course Outline
- Who Should Attend?
- Tailored Course
To discover how the problem solving process works and how to use it to solve a range of everyday business challenges
To learn and apply practical creative problem solving techniques in order to generate new and original solutions
- The 4-step problem solving process
- 3 ways to understand and define the problem
- How to identify what’s causing the problem using a simple technique
- The two best creative problem solving tools to find original solutions
- The Art of Problem Solving
- What’s the problem?
- Creative Problem Solving
- Solution Finding
- Problem Solved!
The Art of Problem Solving
This session introduces the concept of problem solving, definitions, types of problem and the four-step problem solving process.
What’s the Problem?
This session focuses on answering the question ‘What is the problem?’. The problem identification stage of the process involves making sure we are solving the real problem rather than merely eliminating the symptoms. Delegates learn how to establish the objectives of the problem solving process and apply techniques to recognise, identify and define the problem to be solved.
Creative Problem Solving
This session focuses on the creative problem solving stage of the process. Delegates learn simple yet highly effective thinking strategies and tools that they can use to create new and original solutions and solve problems quickly and easily.
This session focuses on how to evaluate the options in order to select the best solution to implement. Delegates learn 3 tools to evaluate problems depending on their degree of complexity.
This summary session focuses on identifying an action plan to progress the selected solution(s) to the next step.
- Practical and participative
- Multi-media presentation
- Individual problem solving exercises
- Group problem solving activities
- Briefing, discussions and case study analysis
- In-house only
- We can deliver this course in the UK and internationally
- Anyone who is currently facing a business problem and/or who wants to know how to solve problems in a structured and well-thought through way
We can also customise the 1 day course to reflect your specific training needs including incorporating specific problem solving case studies relevant to your industry and/or organisation.
“Fantastic course and really helped me get to the bottom of the problem we are facing as a business. I’ve got a whole new perspective on it now!”
Operations Director, Manufacturing
“I realised that we’ve been working on the wrong problem all along! By showing us how to reframe the problem, you’ve opened up a new way for us to think about it and I know we will now find the perfect solution. Thank you!”
Procurement Director, Manufacturing