Practical training course in Mind Mapping
Mind Mapping is a visual thinking tool and note-taking technique used to stimulate you to think, learn and communicate more effectively and efficiently.
Created by Tony Buzan, Mind Mapping is one of the world’s best thinking tools. This course is designed to teach the mind mapping technique and show you how to use mind maps within the work environment. Specifically, you will learn how to use mind maps to brainstorm, make decisions, plan and prioritise, solve problems, make notes, take notes and prepare reports and presentations.
- Key Outcomes
- What You Will Learn
- Course Outline
- Who Should Attend?
- 1/2 Day Option
- Tailored Course
- Be able to read and produce mind maps
- Know how to use mind maps to brainstorm, make decisions, solve problems, plan and prioritise, take and make notes, write reports and other documents and present information
- How to produce your own mind maps
- Brainstorm new ideas using mind maps
- Use a mind map to make a decision
- Organise your thoughts using thinking and planning maps
- Take better notes in meetings
- Make notes from books and other printed material using mind maps
- Present information using mind maps as a communication tool
- Thinking About Thinking
- The Mind Mapping Technique
- Mind Maps At Work
- Practical Mind Mapping
- Applied Mapping
Thinking About Thinking
This session introduces the thinking process. You will discover why the mind map is a reflection of the way the brain naturally thinks by participating in a series of thinking tasks.
The Mind Mapping Technique
During this session, you will learn how to read and produce mind maps. You will learn the technique to build a map from start to finish and explore how to enhance your map for memory and learning purposes. You will also learn how to do quick-think maps which will be of benefit in the work environment.
Mind Maps At Work
This session focuses on how to use mind maps to brainstorm new ideas, make decisions, plan and prioritise, solve problems, take notes in meetings, make notes from printed materials, prepare and present information. You will create several mind maps to enable you to practice your new skills.
Practical Mind Mapping
This session gives you the opportunity to work on your own mind mapping project. You will create your own mind map(s) from materials you personally bring to the workshop e.g., reports to summarise, documents to plan, produce and present, ideas to brainstorm, plans to create, decisions to make, study books to revise etc.
The course concludes with a review and summary of the content. You will also create your personal mind map to capture your learnings from the day and to think about how you will use mind maps everyday.
- Practical demonstrations
- Individual mind mapping tasks
- Group mind mapping exercises
- Presentations and discussions
- In-house – for up to 10 delegates per course. We can deliver this course in the UK and internationally.To book an in-house course, contact Jayne Cormie on +44 (0)1483 243624 to discuss your requirements.
- Individuals who would like to learn a practical tool to help them to be more effective and efficient at work
- Specifically beneficial if you want to be more creative, manage large amounts of information and/or know how to take fast, effective notes
We can also deliver a ½ day workshop which focuses on teaching the basic principles of Mind Mapping. Delegates will learn:
- What is a Mind Map?
- The Benefits of Mind Mapping
- How to Read Mind Maps
- How to Make Mind Maps
It is a very practical workshop as the delegates create their own mind maps.
We can also customise the 1 day course to reflect your specific training needs including focusing on the applications of mind maps that are most relevant to your business.
“Jayne, many thanks for your input at last week’s course. It was the best course ever presented so well done.”Tony Buzan ~ Creator of Mind Mapping
“Sorry not to have said anything other than ‘Excellent’ but it was the best training day I have ever done – primarily due to the genuinely practical nature of the content.”
Liz Waldy ~ Head of Fundraising, TearFund
We had a really good day and it seemed to get everyone engaged. I particularly liked how we can apply mind-mapping to our work straight away. In fact, Lesley has spent the last 2 days doing mind-map to help with planning her projects already!
Senior Bid Manager ~ Hogg Robinson Group
(Mind Maps® is a registered trademark of The Buzan Organisation)