Lateral Thinking – 1 Day Training Course
Lateral Thinking created by Edward de Bono, provides a deliberate, systematic process resulting in innovative thinking.
Lateral Thinking training will teach you how to think creatively, turn problems into opportunities, find alternative solutions, & dramatically increase your number of new and practical ideas using unconventional thinking techniques normally untapped by our usual ways of thinking.
This is the official de Bono Lateral Thinking course and is facilitated by one of Dr de Bono’s Master Trainers.
- Learn how to think creatively using Edward de Bono’s famous lateral thinking tools which are designed to stimulate your brain to think differently
- Learn how to be creative on demand so you are never stuck for ideas ever again!
What You Will Learn:
- How to think out-of-the-box in order to produce creative ideas
- How to challenge conventional thinking
- How to build on ideas to create more ideas
- How to select the best ideas to implement
- The concept of Lateral Thinking
- Lateral Thinking Tools for Idea Generation
- Evaluating and Selecting Creative Ideas
- Applications of Lateral Thinking
“The Lateral Thinking creativity program provides you with a number of proven and concrete ways to learn the power of creativity and innovation.” (Edward de Bono)
This course is a highly practical day and incorporates individual and group Lateral Thinking exercises. Throughout the day, you will work on your own thinking tasks as well as working with general creative briefs in order to put into practice the lateral thinking tools.
The course covers the following lateral thinking techniques:
- Alternatives – use concepts to breed new ideas
- Focus – sharpen or change your focus to improve your creative efforts
- Challenge – break free from the limits of accepted ways of operating
- Random Entry – use unconnected input to open new lines of thinking
- Provocation – move from a provocative statement to useful ideas
- Harvesting – select the best of early ideas and shape them into useable approaches
- Treatment of Ideas – develop ideas and shape them to fit an organization or situation
- Practical and participative
- Multi-media presentation
- Individual creative thinking tasks
- Group creativity exercises
- In-house only
- We can deliver this course in the UK and internationally
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who wants a disciplined process for innovation, idea generation, concept development, creative problem solving, or a strategy to challenge the status quo
“Brilliant course! It really got us thinking!!”
Managing Director, FMCG
“We really enjoyed the course and learned so much about how we can think more laterally within our business.”
Learning & Development Director, FMCG